Now, it’s high time that you lose that extra fat from your body and look even more gorgeous! Are you not looking forward to a simple way of losing weight and get into the shape? The keto diet is a low carb diet that has indeed shown some proven results. There are different names for this diet program such as low carb diet, ketogenic diet etc.
What is the keto diet?
When we talk about the ketogenic diet or the keto diet, it consists of high fat and moderate protein while making sure that you consume the lowest amount of carbs. Once you start eating minimal carbs, your body would start producing ketosis which can further be used as energy instead of carbs.
With the help of fatty acids, ketones get produced in the liver. This means that your liver is responsible for burning down fats and make ketones which can further be used as energy. Once the body makes use of your body fat for energy, you start losing weight.
Ketosis is known to be a natural process and the body takes the responsibility to help an individual survive when there is lower food consumption.
How ketogenic diet encourages weight loss?
If you are enthusiastic about reducing weight, then it is essential to follow the ketosis diet in a proper way that would finally promote weight loss.
- Consume more proteins: The ketogenic diet encourages individual to emphasiseon more protein intake which can finally lead to weight loss.
- Suppress the appetite: When you start following the ketosis diet, it is possible that youlose the appetite. It has a positive impact on hunger hormones such as leptin and ghrelin.
- Reduces stored fat: Once you start following the keto diet, it is possible to decrease the lipogenesis which is a process that helps to convert sugar into fat.
- Enhances the insulin sensitivity: Knowing what is the keto diet can surely surprise you with the immense benefits. Through the diet plan, you can improve insulin sensitivity which can finally allow for enhancing the metabolism system and make use of fuel.
Ways to follow the keto diet
By now you must be aware of what is keto, and this is sufficient for you to emphasise on choosing the right food.
- Make sure that you consume no more than 30 grams of carbs per day
- Emphasize on having whole eggs, cheese, nuts, avocados and fish. These would become the staple food.
- You can also try ketogenic recipes to make your meal tastier, while ensuring that you consume less carbohydrates.
- Fill up your plate with low carb veggies and keep yourself full.
It is possible to make your diet exciting and tasty while making ketogenic brownies, pasta, pudding, ice cream etc. There are different ketogenic recipes available which can undoubtedly help to reduce weight.
Foods to eat and not to eat
Apart from knowing what is the keto diet, it is also essential that you learn about the food that you should consume and avoid while maintaining ketosis diet. To complete the diet plan, you can add some of the best tasting meals that include lean meats such as beef and chicken. You need to intake protein-rich food that consists of olive oil, eggs, butter and avocado.
Some delicious leafy vegetables include spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, chard etc. Apart from having these foods, you can even include sprouts and nuts. The food that you would be having in the diet will certainly help you gain fantastic health benefits. The keto diet will give sufficient nutrients to the body which can keep up the metabolism.
What is the keto diet? While being on a ketogenic diet, you should cut down the carbs intake and any sugary items which are utterly unhealthy for your body. Processed foods, vegetable oils, margarine, milk and any other sugary food should be avoided. Once you are aware of what is keto and its various intricacies, it is possible to see a visible change in yourself within a week.
A delicious keto recipe
If you are following a keto diet and want to make a delicious meal, then you can definitely try this recipe:
Keto stuffed meatloaf
The recipe is for 8 serving. To make a ketogenic diet weight loss recipe, you need to have the following ingredients:
- 500 grams ground beef
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cupchopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup mushroom
- In order to prepare the ketogenic diet weight loss recipe, you should follow the steps:
- Clean the meat and mix it with pepper, garlic, cumin and salt. Take a greased bread or a loaf pan, place the bottom and sides with beef and keep a hole for stuffing
- To have a healthy keto diet, now add the cheese layer on the bottom of meat load
- Add some onion, mushrooms and spinach
- Bake the pan for an hour at 350°F
How to reach the ketosis goal?
Our body produces the energy from the glucose intake, which is finally gathered from carbohydrates. But while being on the ketosis weight loss, the body undergoes hormonal shifts and can surely get discharged of fat that comes from fat cells. Once you are aware of what is the keto diet, you will understand that the energy is obtained from ketones that are usually obtained when you are into ketosis weight loss plan.
Certain symptoms would depict you have reached into a state of ketosis:
- You will stop craving for food as your appetite is in control
- Feel thirsty
- Strong odour while urination
- Metal taste in your taste bud
Though it is indeed very difficult to say how much time you would need to reach the desired goal while following keto diet, as different body responses differently. If you check the carb consumption and reduce to 20 grams per day, then within few days, you will see results. There are many people around who have seen the change within 3-4 days.Read More